Friday, August 22, 2014

Advantages of multinational companies. IGCSE GCEO LEVEL NOTES

What are Multinational Businesses?

Businesses which have their operations, factories and assembly plants in more than one country are known as Multinational Business. They are also known as Transnational businesses.

Advantages of being a Multinational

  • Multinational can set up their business operations in countries where the labour and raw material is cheaper, which can give them cost advantage in the international market.
  • Multinational have access to many markets which spreads the risk of failure. If any product may not be successful in a particular market, it might be successful in another.
  • MNCs produce in large quantities thus achieving greater economies of scales.
  • A multinational business is less vulnerable to trade barriers. MNCs set up their local operations in countries where there is potential market for them and get away with import duties and restrictions.
  • MNCs can locate their operations near the potential market which results in lower transportation cost.

Advantages of Multinational to the host country


  • Multinationals create employment.
  • They bring new technology and techniques of production.
  • MNCs usually provide training to their worker which results in better skills for the country’s workforce.
  • Multinational businesses usually produce in large quantities and export to other countries which can result in valuableforeign exchange for the host country.
  • They pay huge taxes to the government which can be used for the development of the host country.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear! Happy to read your article. I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day! tax return for self employment in barking We hope that you will find best services here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TODAY TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT $800,000.00 DOLLARS FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete