Friday, August 1, 2014

IGCSE structured notes, Barriers to growth of less developed economies?

Barriers to growth of less developed economies

Rapid population growth neutralises growth in GDP. The ultimate effect is that GDP per capita remains the same or comes down.
Human resources: Lack of training and high level skills makes the workforce less productive.
Lack of natural resources: If the country is lacking in natural resources, growth can be difficult. Moreover, if the country has good natural resources, but they are not managed properly then there will be less development.
Inefficient use of resources: If there is no optimum utilisation of workforce, or if the firms are inefficient due to lack of competition.
Too much dependence on agricultural products: Developed countries which import these products from less developed countries usually pay very low prices for it. Moreover, they further process these products and sell it for higher prices to LDCs.
Poor infrastructure: Lack of infrastructure such as poor transport and communication is another reason which hinders growth for LDCs.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks in favor of sharing such a fastidious idea, piece of writing is nice, thats why i have read it completelyStart Up's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article! We are linking too this particularly great post onn our site. Keep up the great writing. Barriers to growth

    ReplyDelete
  3. TODAY TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT $800,000.00 DOLLARS FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete