Friday, August 22, 2014

External sources of finance 

External: This is the money raised from outside the business. It includes

Short Term

Bank overdraft: Bank overdraft is a facility given by banks to its business customers, people having current accounts. Through this facility the customers can overdraw their accounts to a greater value than the balance in the account. To overdrawn amount is agreed in advance with the bank manager. The bank assigns a limit to overdraw from the account and the business can meet its short term liabilities by writing cheques to the extent of limit allowed.

Advantage

Disadvantage

  • No need for collaterals or security.
  • More flexible and the overdraft amount can be adjusted every month according to needs.
  • Interest rates are usually variable and higher than bank loans
  • Cash flow problems can arise if the bank asks for the overdraft to be repaid at a short notice.
Trade Credit: Usually in business dealing supplier give a grace period to their customers to pay for the purchases. This can range from 1 week to 90 days depending upon the type of business and industry.

Advantage

Disadvantage

No interest has to be paid.
The business may not get cash discounts.
By delaying the payment of bills for goods or services received, a business is, in effect, obtaining finance which can be used for more important expenditures.
Factoring of debts: It involves the business selling its bills receivable to a debt factoring company at a discounted price. In this way the business get access to instant cash.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This could be one of the most useful blogs we have ever come across on Actually excellent info! I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your effort.
    Tax Returns for Sole traders in Barking,

    ReplyDelete
  2. TODAY TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN AMOUNT $800,000.00 DOLLARS FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK Email for immediate response drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello everyone, My name is Mrs. Carolin Glowski, I'm from Europe, am here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE after i applied Two times from various loan lenders who claimed to be lenders right here this forum, i thought their lending where real and i applied but they never gave me loan until a friend of mine introduce me to {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} the C.E.O of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE who promised to help me with a loan of my desire and he really did as he promised without any form of delay, I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until i met {Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen} who really helped me with my loan and changed my life for the better. I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also, So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Scarlet Owen on his email address drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete